Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Good Decision.......Even Though!




January 8th
Well, New Years Day we took over. Did it take the wind out of our sails a little on New Years Eve day when the roof sprung a leak right over customers tables? Yep, a little. But we called upon a handy man, and he and Jim got on the roof and caulked it up. We have to keep the garbage bin locked with a chain and lock, we found a couch cushion in there a few days ago. What kind of people do that and why would they think we wanted it?? Not sure how much fire insurance will cost us, because of the age of the building and no fire suppression system is installed. There's an expense we had forgotten about. The crowd for the NYE party was amazing. Standing room only, and all wishing us well. At midnight, I did panic a little when I realized we had just bought a bar!! After all, that's HUGE! Friends and customers went ahead and did the dollar on the wall thing, and that was kinda special to me. I made mine say "MY BAR" so I can point at it when I need to. LOL. The party went well, and that's all that really matters. With lots of friends, family and customers rooting for us, we're thinking this was a good move for us. Our first week is going great. We were able to get the Hamms Bear out of the back room and cleaned up, and he is now our doorman. I love him! We are getting the pool table recovered on Sunday, and since we have five pool cues and only one has a tip, we'll be fixing those. I'll be watching for hermit crabs to go on sale somewhere so we can have hermit crab races (for fun of course). A blind dart tournament is scheduled for Jan 29th (and no your not blindfolded and spun around like Kamryn thought). Your just playing with a dart board that's covered with newspaper. First, second and third place take home 2 nice big steaks!! Feel lucky? That night is also the "excuse me" party for Trish and Eric. It's the first anniversary of when they met. The 'excuse me' part is a cute story! You'll have to come to find out about that. With a little hard work and some long 16 hour days, we've turned the clientele around, have heard LOTS of good reports about how the place looks and feels. I guess we can't ask for more then that, huh? I am positive that we can make this work. I've learned to cook on the grill, and I've learned to clean the grill, too! And guess what? Last Saturday I learned how to make White Russians!!! I might just learn how to flip those bottles in the air like Tom Cruise in that movie.......

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on everything, I can't wait to come and have lunch there someday!

    ReplyDelete