Monday, January 10, 2011

New adventure


December 31st
What a way to start 2011. After 18 years at Deaconess, last November my husband tendered his letter of quit. Scary, oh yeah. But what was scarier was that his job was effecting his health. High blood pressure, no sleeping at night, only sleeping on 195 on the drive to and from work. Many times the phone would ring at 7 or 8 in the morning and I wouldn't want to answer it. He would always say that he would already be at work by then, so why worry? I would always say back that it would take the police an hour to find his wallet in the mess on the highway and get the home number to do the notification, so plenty of reason to worry about a call at the time of the day. I love my husband and wanted to grow old with him, so I was behind his quitting 100%. We knew that with his job history, he would get another nursing job quickly. He ran his unit very successfully. Then, 4 days later, we sat down together and decided to go in another direction. A local bar needed new owners. Our thoughts went from we can do this, to can we do this? We got a lot of positive feedback from family members, so we pushed forward. We did the whole lawyer thing, and we are now "J and D Hospitality LLC". Sounds kinda professional, huh? To me we're still Jim and Deb though. I think we can do this and be successful. He's cooked on the grill before, anyone can use a fryer. When the food floats, it's done. I've waited tables and and I knew I could bartend. I'm a people person. Crowds don't scare me. The question is, can I learn to make a White Russian? We'll see. We take over New Years Day. Wish us well.

No comments:

Post a Comment